Welcome to
Tahoe City Public Utility District
Fanny Bridge
About Us Board/Committee Agenda's and  Minutes Board of Directors Public Record Request SB 272 Brown Act Ordinances FAQs Maps Links Newsletters Press Releases Escrow/Property Transfer General Staff
Water Sewer Permits Inspections Construction FAQs Utilities Staff
About Us Youth Programs Adult Programs Family Programs Special Events Facilities, Parks, and  Rentals Parks & Rec Staff
Construction Bids Engineering RFPs Capital Plan Engineering Staff
Annual Budget Board Reimbursements Enterprise Funds  Reserve Policy General Fund Reserve  Policy Finance Reports/Audits District Salaries Finance Staff
Full Staff Listing Organizational Chart Job Descriptions Job Analyses Employment Contracts Salary Ranges
Obtaining a Permit

Permits for New Construction, Tear Down-Rebuilds and Remodels:

A District sewer and/or water permit is needed when an owner intends to:

  • Obtain a permit from the County (in most cases)
  • Install, repair, replace or remove house service sewers, pump system components or water services
  • Install, replace or remove internal water-using fixtures
  • Construct or expand structures outside of the existing building foundation
  • Install, replace or remove a backflow prevention assembly
  • Install a deck or bear enclosureInstall, repair, replace or remove a grease trap, interceptor or sand-oil interceptor
  • Remove existing structures served by District sewer and / or water

The information contained within this website is limited. More detailed requirements for obtaining sewer and / or water service can be found in Section 4, TCPUD Sewer Ordinance 255.

Permit Fees:

Current permit fees can be found at Ordinances, TCPUD Sewer & Water Connection Fees, Service Charges and Service Fees.

Water Rates and Connection Fees:
Residential   Commercial

Sewer Rates and Connection Fees:

The Application Process:

To obtain a permit with the District, the owner or the owner's representative must complete a Residential Permit Application or a Commercial Permit Application, pay associated fees and provide a site plan to the District that includes the following information:

Foundation cleanout(s) Footprint of existing structure(s) and or
Property line cleanout(s) Footprint of remodel / new construction
Mid-line and or transition cleanout(s) All easements
Sewer line location, gravity and or pump Stop and waste valve, (cannot be below grade)
Water service box & line locations Existing and / or proposed irrigation
Fire service box & line locations Hydronic heat, boiler, booster pump, etc.
Gas & electrical line locations Bear box location (garbage box)
Sewer pump system  

Once your application has been accepted by the District, the initial plan review for residential services should be completed within 10 business days. The plan review for commercial services can take up to 30 business days.

For More Information:

For more information about the permit process, please contact Brandi Stirton at (530) 580-6324.




Site Map Contact Us